Monday, December 15, 2008

Five Rivers FT & Sig V 6wt's...

I recently finished two rods on a FT blank and a Signature V, both are 6 weigth, and decided to give them a test on one of our local reservoirs, together with my good buddy Zsolt fishing for freshly stocked rainbows and old chub rezidents...
I am an FT addicted when it comes to fish fast sinking lines, and Zsolt likes a more flexible rod in general..so he used the Signature V 9'6" 6 weight...his favorite in Dan Craft line for lake fishing...
For this rod I used some of the finest components, and inserted two feather inlays in the inscription just to make it more special...
The first fish with this rod was a lunker chub..it really put a nice bend on that rod...
Zsolt was a pretty happy dude to get a fish like that on his first cast with the new rod...
For that fish he made a heck of a 80' cast with a Rio Deep 6 Full Sinking line...
...and again a small fighting rainbow...
Time to shoot some line and hook some fish with my favorite rod.."The Rocket Launcher"
Five Rivers FT 906-4...Rec nickel silver hardware with amboyna wood, custom shaped grip and nonetheless, two jungle cock feather inlays..this rod casts the whole Rio Deep 7 line with ease...I am thrilled!!The team of flies are at about 80' or 90' (aprox. 24-27m) away from my boat and in the deep and with my lightning fast and sensitive FT rod I can feel every bump on the bottom..if it's not a log...then must be a fish...
Right on!!Pulled him out of the deep quick with no problem..he was around 40 cm's but got away...I'm hooked with a smaller one and gives me some nice splashes...
I think I'll go better with a five weight next time..they are not monsters but they are still fish..
But anyway it was fun playing them with the soft tip and the powerfull lower section of my FT...Until next time...


Tightloops and lines to you all !!

No comments: