Sunday, April 7, 2019

Two Sage builds

Here are a couple of very distinct, high-end Sage builds I finished recently. Although I don't use nickel silver reel seats much these days, these classy Bellinger uplocks are gorgeous, decently light compared to some older designs and they have a place for those "once-in-a-lifetime" fly rods. They represent the utmost quality in reel seat design and craftsmanship.

The ESN 3106-4 and the Mod 290-4 are two exceptional light line choices from Sage. I've wiggled some longer nymphing sticks in the past, but this ten foot six inches three weight is by far the lightest, most stable blank I've handled so far.

The Mod 290-4 is just a sweet dry fly or dry-dropper rod for small, fast flowing freestones, medium sized streams or spring creeks where a longer length is beneficial. For a very light weight nine foot two weight that's also stable and accurate, this is the one. It loads so easy in close quarters. I'm building one for myself this season. It's that sweet.

I used a burl madrone wood and a rare two-tone amboyna, custom turned by Bellinger, gorgeous Struble agates and e-coated Snake Brand guides.

These two are one-of-their-kind, heirloom quality fly rods. I hope you'll enjoy the photos!

















No comments: