Friday, September 28, 2012

Troutstalker 6pc.

Here is a beautiful travel rod I've just finished for a client who needed a good multipiece fast action trout rod. I was very confident on building him a rod from a Dan Craft FTL blank in six pieces. These already classic blanks, are known for their smooth feel, light weight and power. As many already know, the rods I build are done with the best blanks I can possibly find. I won't ever spend countless hours of work building a rod from a poor quality blank, and by that I mean both casting performance and built quality of the blank.
After testing this rod I found out that it throws some amazing razor sharp loops and it's tremendously precise. These Dan Craft FTL's (Fast Taper Light) are known for their quick action and ability to feel the load both at short or long range. With a very short casting stroke and just a few feets of line thing is smoooth. I was able to lay out line and make precise presentations very comfortable from fifteen feet and up to seventy and eighty feet. Really impressive. Despite the fact that it's a six piece, this rod amazed me with its power and how smoothly it handled a five weight Rio Gold line. I think it's pretty neat that it can break in three or two pieces when needed. Could make a perfect rod for the traveling fly fisherman or for everyday use. It has a solid tip for pushing indicator rigs in the wind, can mend line easily at distance and can cast large dry flies or heavy streamers. The Dan Craft blanks probably represented the best "bang for the buck" and their performance is many times better than some other higher price brands. I have one more blank in stock so jump in to have it built. Thanks for looking!

 
Blank: Dan Craft FTL
Reel seat: Lemke black anodized aluminum&spalted myrtle wood insert
Guides: Classic blued stripping guide&titanium carbide low profile snake guides
Winding check: Lemke black anodized aluminum
Thread: Gudebrod royal blue
Handle: Half wells "spotted" cork - flor quality
Tube&sock: Landmark aluminum&hand sewn rod sock

 

 


 

 

No comments: