Friday, May 26, 2023

T&T Lotic

 A special project I've recently finished. Simply put, the Thomas&Thomas Lotic represents the state-of-the-art in fiberglass rods made today. As soon as I picked up this blank I knew it will be something special. Looks like a modern take on a classic taper with a crisp feel and a snappy action. 

The blank was purchased by a good friend who had the factory rod at some point, saying that this Lotic 744-3 was the best four weight he has ever cast. That intrigued me the most to build this rod. 

We decided to go with a six inch "snub-nose" modified wells grip and a classic uplocking Lemke reel seat in bright hardware and dark, almost black wood to complement the royal blue colored blank as good as possible. The blueish-grey Yli silk tipped white in key spots was a good match and the Struble Mfg. blue agate was a must.

More recently I started to source out locally made aluminum rod tubes, trying to make them as minimalist and exquisite as possible. My friend had some ideas of laser printing on the tube caps and the result was stunning. 

The rod was ready just in time for the Romanian Fly Fishing Expo event this month and was able to cast it. This Lotic is indeed a very stable rod for glass to cast at almost any fishing distances. I've put my trusty Airflo line that I use at casting demos and the rod threw stable, effortless tight loops like butter. 

Should you want that special rod for yourself, drop me an email to talk about it, but be sure to be loaded with patience, it may be difficult to find a blank etc. Will be taking some orders probably in the fall but would preffer to offer "stock built rods" more in the future. This makes life a little bit easier and is best to avoid long waiting time and frustration associated with that. 

Hope you'll enjoy the photos and thanks for looking! A rod of a lifetime! #perfectionflyrod #glassisnotdead


















No comments: