Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Tom Morgan 6'9" light 3wt.

Here is another Tom Morgan fiberglass 6'9' light 3wt. beauty. This is a fantastic little fly rod that has deeper flex and smooth hidden power. I'm looking forward to build the 7'3" version of this "Japan special" 3wt. as it fits my style of fishing and casting and the size of the streams I'm fishing very well. And I love deep flexing rods because they are more fun to cast and very delicate when striking the fish.

Heirloom grade fittings on this rod as well. The Bellinger upslide reel seat with stabilized maple burl wood is spectacular.  The Arcane agate nickel silver frame guide with Universal snake guides are elegant. Deep red silk wraps complement the reddish brown colored blank. Western cigar handle is very comfortable and one of my standard handles you'll see often. This rod will find its new home soon and his lucky owner.

I took the time for a small footage casting this rod so you can see how this thing performs. Not very good light conditions but take a look at that action. Thanks for looking!




















No comments: