Thursday, February 26, 2015

Orvis Superfine 8' #4

Here is a recently finished Orvis Superfine rod built for a fine gentleman in Utah. Dan wanted this special spiral finished graphite blank to be built in the Dave Lewis style with visible yellow signature wraps. One of my favorite builders that were around and a great inspiration to me so I couldn't agree more. He wanted this rod to have one of my signature reel seats, despite the fact that these were actually designed for the fiberglass builds given their bigger diameter. I think it actually turned out to look great in the end. The sharp looking darkened hardware matches the blank and a gorgeous piece of buckeye burl wood to match the dark olive wraps. Dan is eager to put his hands on this beauty and I can't wait to see some fish caught on it. I heard rumours that Orvis is redesigning (again) these beautiful Superfines this year. This might just be the last one but I'm looking forward to building a Helios later this year. Thanks for looking everyone!





   



"I'm a detailer. You can see it in my thread and epoxy work. I believe epoxy should be sculptured, not ever too thick. ", Dave Lewis.


No comments: