Thursday, July 19, 2012

Steffen Bros.8'0" 3/4wt.

Here is another sweet Steffen Brothers fiberglass rod in 3/4 wt. and eight feet in lenght. This rod's got the magic and some surprising power too. It casts a three weight dt line or a four weight wf line and presents a fly with great accuracy and finesse only glass is known for, with a relaxed casting rhythm or a more energic one when in need to deliver more line speed and distance. I simply love to fish these rods. When I pick mine and roll cast a line with a fly to a rising trout I remember why fly fishing is more fun with glass.
I am currently taking more rod orders and can deliver rods in two and up to four months, depending on wich blank is desirable. For Steffen orders, usually the blank making process takes 2-3 months.
The rod showcased below features a slender Garrison style grip, my exclusive Lemke downsliding ring reel seat in radiused end design (nickle silver and walnut wood spacer here), rusty red silk wraps beautifully finished, ultra light wire snake guides and a classy Mildrum stripping guide (classic grade build). Hand signed as usual. This is another example of my classic built rods and one of true heirloom quality. I will be posting another one in a few weeks for sale. This rod I'm showing was sold at 515$. Thanks for looking and your interest!

No comments: